CFO Audit Executive
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Purpose of Job
This leader will optimally sit in our San Antonio home office or
our new office in Charlotte. However, consideration may be given to
highly competitive candidates at one of our other hubs, or who live
remotely and can travel frequently to one of our sites.
The CFO Audit Executive, directs and oversees assurance and
advisory services for the Chief Financial Office (CFO). Develops,
administers, and oversees a risk-based comprehensive audit program.
Provides independent, objective assurance services regarding the
effectiveness and efficiency of the governance, risk management,
and control processes. Oversees the development and administration
of long-term strategy and objectives and ensures alignment with
Enterprise Audit Plan strategy and objectives. Leads audit staff
and oversees audit findings and recommendations regarding key
governance, risk management and control processes including, legal
and regulatory compliance and regulatory readiness, and the
reliability and integrity of financial and operational information.
Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations and
effectively responds and interacts with regulators.
- Leads the design of USAA s risk-based audit strategy, plan and
program for Finance Audit considering USAA s business strategy and
complex regulations and regulatory heightened expectations.
- Supervises and drives operational planning of the audit team -
including core business processes and technologies.
- Supervise and direct all aspects of the annual CFO audit plan,
specifically related to area of responsibility that is prepared
based on risk analysis processes. Monitors and reports progress on
this plan to executive management and stakeholders and provides
progress updates to Audit Services VP and CAE.
- Monitors, independently and objectively, the governance, risk
and control environment for area of responsibility ensuring trends
and emerging issues that could impact CFO operations are
considered, consolidated, and communicated to Audit and CoSA
- Determines, plans and supervises the delivery of the risk-based
annual internal audit plan including identifying areas of risk and
assigning appropriate risk ratings to ensure that critical business
areas are reviewed on a recurring basis for area of
- Approves updates to Risk Assessment to include content and
rating justification. Assesses completeness of audit universe for
assigned areas of business and recommends/approves additions or
removals for the universe.
- Reviews Risk Profile for collection of audit entities for
assigned areas of business to ensure appropriateness. Aligns Risk
Profile for areas of responsibility to the overall Risk Profile for
- Participates in the development of audit standards, governance
model, operating policies and procedures for inclusion in the Audit
Services Manual. Oversees the implementation of approved changes to
maintain an internal audit function and governance model that is
consistent and appropriate for the size, complexity and risk
profile for area of responsibility.
- Periodically reviews and updates the audit plan to consider the
risk profile and emerging risk and issues. In addition, evaluates
the team assessment(s) of the adequacy and compliance with
policies, procedures, and processes established by the front-line
units and Independent Risk Management to ensure ongoing compliance
with the Risk Governance Framework.
- Accountable for the delivery of internal audit work on time,
within agreed upon budget, and in accordance with audit
methodology, regulatory standards and the Institute of Internal
Auditors (IIA) International Standards for the Professional
Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Responsible for effectively leading all aspects of the CFO
internal audit work that is outsourced which evaluates the adequacy
of and compliance with policies, procedures and processes
established by the 1st and 2nd line of defense and provides
technical and strategic direction to audits and investigations
which are critical or complex in nature.
- Oversees and approves risk assessments for area of
responsibility, including emerging risks and top risks associated
with the current material processes, product lines, services,
functions. Ensures quality audit work within required completion
timeframes of each audit. Drives value to the business while
reducing the risk profile.
- Ensures that audit processes are utilized in identifying
control weaknesses and developing recommendations for area of
- Provides independent assurance to senior management on the
effectiveness of the design, implementation and execution of the
CFO line of business processes and risk management framework
(including risk profile, risk appetite, and compliance
- Role models USAA s mission, core values, culture and desired
behaviors - including a culture of risk awareness around regulatory
issues and accountability.
- Develops talent and builds impactful teams to deliver high
quality results and value-added services - including the
identification, development and retention of talent with requisite
regulatory issue validation capabilities as well as providing
leadership and performance and talent management activities.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments by
setting and clearly presenting expectations and roles and
- May assist in creating reports of audit results and
delivering/communicating results to Vice President, Chief Audit
Executive, executive management, Audit Committees, and Risk
committees as required.
- Escalates to Audit leadership and appropriate committee s
significant control weaknesses and strengths related to complying
with policies, standards and procedures.
- Reviews validation testing for area of responsibility to ensure
that the recommended corrective actions to audit and regulatory
identified issues are completed, sustainable and effective, and
continues to evaluate the appropriateness of management s
corrective actions in response to issues identified.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned functional
area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
- Stays engaged with governance committees. May present results
of work during committee meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 10+ years of experience in internal audit, risk management,
compliance, or other control partner experience to include 6+ years
of experience assessing business risks and applying appropriate
audit plans to manage risks.
- 6+ years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams required.
- 4+ years of experience accountable for overseeing and
developing audit plans and overseeing the execution of the
- Experience interacting with regulators, regarding audits or
- Expert knowledge of internal auditing standard, and techniques
required to perform audits. Knowledge of accounting principles and
- Knowledge of banking, insurance, and investment
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with key resources and
stakeholders, influencing auditing decisions and managing work to
achieve strategic goals required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the full spectrum of regulatory
examinations and other supervisory engagement and processes.
- Expected working knowledge of the following regulatory guidance
including but not limited to: Dodd-Frank Act, Homeowners Loan Act,
Fair Lending laws, Texas Insurance Code, New York Insurance Law,
and/or SEC, Federal Reserve, OCC, FFIEC, CFPB, UDAAP, and Federal
regulatory bodies and applicable supervisory guidance.
- Advanced degree such as Business, Accounting or Finance.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a large financial
institution ($100 billion +), including 5+ years post-Dodd Frank,
in a senior staff role within Audit department OR 10+ years of
relevant experience in an insurance company in a senior staff role
within an Audit department.
- Subject matter expertise in compliance with financial
regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing
general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income
statements, and related financial statements.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the regulatory landscape.
industry practices and application of internal audit principles to
support conformance with applicable risk management principles in
the conduct of audit engagements and special projects.
- Experience with Key State Insurance regulations, including
Company & Producer licensing, Product, Financial & Market
regulation and Consumer protection services.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and
establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid
within the salary range based on your experience and market
position. The salary range for this position is: $178,700 -
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors.
Long Term Incentive Plan: Cash payment for Executive level roles
only, representing a cash payment which is both time and
..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: USAA, Wylie , CFO Audit Executive, Accounting, Auditing , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!