Company: Collin College
Posted on: March 25, 2020
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
We are searching for an experienced Administrative Assistant
Provide administrative support to a department/division and assist
with projects, programs, and special events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process, maintain, and verify data, records, files, and
databases related to department/division operations; report
discrepancies to the director; make corrections as needed.
- Assist with department/division reports, projects, special
events, ceremonies, receptions, and/or course schedules.
- Greet office visitors, answer telephone, and respond to
requests from staff members, faculty, students, and other
- Collect, compile, and disseminate data; create and distribute
- Maintain accounting records related to department/division
accounts payable, accounts receivable, check requests, and/or
- Receive, prepare, sort, and classify correspondence, training
guides, notices, brochures, and other documents.
- Establish systems to effectively maintain and track
department/division files, records, and paperwork.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and/or classroom visits for
the department/division head.
- Assist department with purchasing office supplies and equipment
in accordance with department/division policies and needs.
- May scan and file class grades by department and
- May attend meetings; record and prepare meeting minutes;
compile, copy and distribute related reports or board packets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two
(2) years of administrative office experience required OR High
school diploma or GED and four (4) years of administrative office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate Microsoft Office knowledge
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping/accounting
- Knowledge of department/division policies, procedures and
programs, as well as policies and procedures of outside agencies
with whom the department/division interacts
- Knowledge of department/division systems
- Knowledge of department/division specific equipment and
- May require knowledge of adviser menu for issuing degree
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Collaboration skills
- Customer Service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Conflict management skills
- Ability to interact with staff, Board, donors, students,
faculty, vendors, and/or Department Chairs
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be self-motivated and meet deadlines under
- Ability to operate, understand, and prepare reports using
department-specific software and systems
- Ability to maintain department information accurately
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to effectively utilize advanced computer software
applications and peripherals
- Ability to plan and execute various aspects of programs
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a
negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to
lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the
human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs
are sedentary if walking and standing are required only
occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in
this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping,
standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant
environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little
physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will
be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative
summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be
required of the positions given this title and shall not be
construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $34,309.00 - 39,455.35
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
Keywords: Collin College, Wylie , Administrative Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!