Deaf Education Teacher
Company: Dallas Independent School District
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Description:Click the appropriate calendar below to see your
campuses schedule for the 2022-2023 School Year\:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill requirements of
the districts curriculum program and reflect accommodations for
differences in student learning styles, and show written evidence
of preparation as required.
- Collaborate with parents and district staff to develop an
Individual Education Plan (IEP) that supports the students
- Documentation of students IEP goals through progress monitoring
using district protocols.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by
the Texas Education Agency, Board of Trustee policies, and
- Establish and maintain efficient classroom management
procedures and standards of pupil behavior.
- Establish a system of student evaluation within the guidelines
prescribed in state law or adopted by the district; continually
evaluate and record various aspects of students progress and report
to parents as needed and required.
- Provide a variety of planned learning experiences using a
variety of media and methods in order to motivate students and best
utilize the available time for instruction.
- Share the responsibility of interpreting the educational
programs to the community through such activities as open house and
- Be available for tutoring students before and after
- Teach within the course of study from the subject area at the
grade level as prescribed in state law or adopted by the
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Documentation and troubleshooting hearing assistive technology
- Compile, update, and file all reports, records and other
required documents for the Regional Day School Program for the Deaf
(RDSPD) and district.
- Keep informed of and comply with federal, state, district
regulations and policies for special education and Deaf and hard of
- All federally funded incumbents of this position must comply
with time and effort reporting requirements through personnel
activity reports or periodic certification, as appropriate
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Regular and punctual attendance at the worksite is required for
this positionWORK ENVIRONMENT\:
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel
throughout the district is integral to this job. A remote working
environment /alternate work arrangement is not an option for
campus-based employees/campus-based positions because regular and
punctual attendance at the worksite and performing all duties at
the worksite are essential job duties for all campus-based
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Valid Texas Teacher Certification in Deaf Education, EC-12
- Additional certifications preferred\: ESL or ESL supplemental
- Teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal
Committee process and Individual Education Plan goal setting
process and implementation.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Demonstrated knowledge of special needs of students in the
- Demonstrated willingness to improve competency by periodically
participating in some form of professional growth.
- Demonstrated willingness to remain current with the latest
developments in the profession.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and
interpersonal skills required to achieve the goals of the
- Demonstrated appropriate sign language skills for instructional
purposes assessed by the RDSPD administrative team.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate with individuals who are
deaf or hard of hearing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of assistive technology (FM systems,
cochlear implants, hearing aids)
- Demonstrate ability to read and interpret testing results (for
- Demonstrate ability to read and administer communication
Keywords: Dallas Independent School District, Wylie , Deaf Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!