Aircraft Mechanic, Heavy Structures
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 15, 2023
Description: Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic Heavy Structures Job
Number: IMS Job Location: Greenville, TX Schedule: Must be
available to work any shift Signing Bonus: $2,500 Hire Bonus $2,500
Security Clearance Bonus $2,500 Airframe License Bonus $2,500
Powerplant License Bonus Job Summary: Requires sufficient working
knowledge and understanding in the structural repair and
maintenance of airframes.
- Possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good
judgment are essential traits. Mechanics may be cross trained to
develop expertise in specific disciplines, including Aircraft
Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems; Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic
Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel Cell Maintenance; Structural
Repair/Modification; Upholstery/Interior Finish. Mechanics work
under general oversight and guidance in disassembly, assembling,
checking, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting, installing,
servicing, fabricating and other operations required to maintain
the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components while in
service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modification. This
position requires ability to obtain a secret security clearance
from the US government which requires US Citizenship. JOB DUTIES:
May include, but are not limited to:
- Read and work from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written
procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards
and any other authorized reference material.
- Perform both major and minor structural modifications such as
laying out and assembling first article floor mounted type console
and rack assemblies with or without the aid of templates, jigs,
- Perform flightline operations, hangar maintenance, modification
or repairs on a variety of aircraft.
- Perform upholstery interior trim repairs and/or
- Perform general inspections, corrosion control procedures.
- Perform aircraft servicing, as required.
- Fabricate and obtain parts, within approved procedures.
- Operate and utilize necessary ground support equipment,
including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable
lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment as
- Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or
information using computer systems or other electronic data
- Remove, install and rig externally mounted components utilizing
boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support equipment.
- Use forklift trucks, overhead crane systems, small tugs to move
support equipment, aircraft parts, and components.
- Perform other incidental work as assigned that may be performed
safely using tools that are commonly available including assembly
of minor scaffolding in production areas.
- Responsible for clean work areas, tools, and equipment in order
to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Required to work in small spaces inside aircraft, on top
aircraft with harness, climb and stand on ladder/mobile stands to
work over head, in close proximity with other individuals. TOOLS,
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT: 1. Employees in this classification may
work with and use all tools, materials, machines, instruments, and
equipment necessary to perform their duties. 2. Management may
determine that specific training or certifications are required for
certain work, jobs, tools, equipment, or assignments. 3. D oes not
require you to have your own tools. L3Harris will provide tools.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: 1. Three years experience as an Aircraft
Heavy Sheet Metal Structural Mechanic with extensive experience 3.
Able to meet the physical demands of this position to include by
not limited to: lifting 50+ pounds, prolong standing, repetitive
movements, using hand tools, climbing ladders, working in confined
spaces, and no fear of heights. 4. Requires the ability to read,
write, and communicate in English. 5. This position requires the
ability to work any shift and overtime as needed. PREFERRED: 1. E
xperience r eading and intrepreting OEM blue prints for big jets 2.
Ability to work with computers.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Wylie , Aircraft Mechanic, Heavy Structures, Engineering , Cumby, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!