Aircraft Mechanic, Heavy Structures (DoD SkillBridge/CSP)
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic Heavy Structures (DoD
Job Number: IMS20230308-104344
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Schedule: First shift during training
6 week Training Plan startring on the following dates:
- October 9th
- November 27th
***** This position is open to U.S. military members currently
serving on active duty *****
L3Harris' DoD SkillBridge/Career Skills Program is connecting
transitioning service members to career training opportunities
within our organization. We will provide service members with
valuable civilian work experience through industry specific
training, certifications and on the job experience during their DoD
Skillbridge/Career Skills Program to help them ready themselves for
their next mission.
L3Harris aims to attract and retain veteran talent and to help
bridge the gap between their military service and civilian careers
within our organization. L3Harris is eager to share to our
knowledge and experience with our service members.
Please answer the pre-screening questions to determine your
eligibility of the SkillBridge program with L3Harris.
***** THIS IS ONLY FOR ACTIVE MILITARY MEMBERS SEEKING AN
SKILLBRIDGE INTERNSHIP *****
L3Harris is actively seeking an Aircraft Mechanic Heavy Structures
(DoD SkillBridge/CSP) to participate in the DoD SkillBridge/ Career
Skills Program according to DoD Instruction 1322.29. This will be a
classroom training environment that will be determined by the
number of weeks allocated by the approved candidate's participation
dates. A training plan will be created after a candidate is
selected and approved by their COC or Education Center. The MOU
will be sent with the Letter of Intent.
Requires sufficient working knowledge and understanding in the
structural repair and maintenance of airframes.
- Possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good
judgment are essential traits.
Mechanics may be cross trained to develop expertise in specific
disciplines, including Aircraft Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems;
Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel
Cell Maintenance; Structural Repair/Modification;
Mechanics work under general oversight and guidance in disassembly,
assembling, checking, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting,
installing, servicing, fabricating and other operations required to
maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components
while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or
This position requires ability to obtain a secret security
clearance from the US government which requires US Citizenship.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Read and work from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written
procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards
and any other authorized reference material.
- Perform both major and minor structural modifications such as
laying out and assembling first article floor mounted type console
and rack assemblies with or without the aid of templates, jigs,
- Perform flightline operations, hangar maintenance, modification
or repairs on a variety of aircraft.
- Perform upholstery interior trim repairs and/or
- Perform general inspections, corrosion control
- Perform aircraft servicing, as required.
- Fabricate and obtain parts, within approved
- Operate and utilize necessary ground support equipment,
including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable
lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment as
- Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or
information using computer systems or other electronic data
- Remove, install and rig externally mounted components utilizing
boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support
- Use forklift trucks, overhead crane systems, small tugs to move
support equipment, aircraft parts, and components.
- Perform other incidental work as assigned that may be performed
safely using tools that are commonly available including assembly
of minor scaffolding in production areas.
- Responsible for clean work areas, tools, and equipment in order
to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Required to work in small spaces inside aircraft, on top
aircraft with harness, climb and stand on ladder/mobile stands to
work over head, in close proximity with other individuals.
TOOLS, MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Employees in this classification may work with and use all
tools, materials, machines, instruments, and equipment necessary to
perform their duties.
- Management may determine that specific training or
certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools,
equipment, or assignments.
- Does not require you to have your own tools. L3Harris will
- Three years experience as an Aircraft Heavy Sheet Metal
Structural Mechanic with extensive experience
- Able to meet the physical demands of this position to include
by not limited to: lifting 50+ pounds, prolong standing, repetitive
movements, using hand tools, climbing ladders, working in confined
spaces, and no fear of heights.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate in
- This position requires the ability to work any shift and
overtime as needed.
- Experience reading and intrepreting OEM blue prints for big
- Ability to work with computers.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Wylie , Aircraft Mechanic, Heavy Structures (DoD SkillBridge/CSP), Engineering , Campbell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!