Software Engineer Content Management Systems- Mid Level
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Software Engineer - Mid
Level for our Plano, TX facility.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused results. The actual days'
onsite are resolved between each employee and the employee's
manager. This position may also have the option of working remotely
in the U.S.
This position is hiring for roles inside the Chief Technology
Experience Office. The candidate selected for this position will
work on the USAA Member Communications Platform team which is
responsible for designing, developing, and supporting responsive,
scalable, and resilient systems supporting authoring, generating
and delivering communications to our members across all. This
position is highly team-oriented and technical, working with
reactive and cloud technologies to build resilient and performant
infrastructure in an agile environment.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
About USAA IT
Our most meaningful qualification isn't technical, it's human.
Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our
13 million members who rely on us every day.
We're proud of USAA's strong history -- and we're even more
passionate about our future. That's why we have a team of
supportive and collaborative hardworking technology professionals
focused on doing more for our members. And why we're continuing to
add innovative problem solvers to our team. With us, you'll find
exciting challenges that inspire you to continue learning and
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. - -
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
collaborating with senior engineers.
- May lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations
and accurate planning at a team level.
- May begin to organize work and lead team to deliver features
- Resolves complex production issues with independence by
troubleshooting complex applications and systems
- May begin mentoring junior engineers.Minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study,
- OR Certification from an approved technical field of study,
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
- 4 years of software development experience demonstrating depth
of technical understanding within a specific
discipline(s)/technology(s)When you apply for this position, you
will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take
approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not
be able to finish them later and you will not be able to change
your responses.Preferred experience:
- Strong command of Java language
- REST API development experience
- Experience testing REST services
- Experience integrating with backend services like JMS, J2C, ORM
frameworks (Hibernate, JPA, JDO, etc.), JDBC.
- Relational Database design and optimization with Oracle DB2,
MySQL, or Postgres
- Experience in design and develop automated tests and
- Working experience with Gradle, GIT, GitHub, GitLab, etc.
around continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Experience designing and implementing container-based APIs
using container frameworks like OpenShift, Docker, or Kubernetes.
Understanding of microservices architecture design and
- AGILE methodology (Scrum, Lean, SAFe, etc.) experience
- Cloud infrastructure application development with vendors like
AWS, Google or Microsoft
- Prior experience with USAA systems a plusThe above description
reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal
functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed
description of all the work requirements that may be performed in
the job.Compensation:USAA has an effective method for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this skill is:
$88,200 - $158,900*Employees may be eligible for pay incentives
based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the
discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Geographical
Differential:Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided
to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels
are above the national average.Shift premium:Will be addressed on
an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours.Benefits:At USAA our employees enjoy
best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and
emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical,
dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental
benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid
holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals.Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Wylie , Software Engineer Content Management Systems- Mid Level, Executive , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!