Company: Resource Staffing
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Location: Wylie, TX
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000 DOE
A privately owned aluminum extrusion company that has been in
business for over 40 years is seeking a Logistics Manager to lead
their busy operations. There has been a tremendous amount of growth
over that time, so they are looking to add to their team!
Ensure that products, inventory, parts, or people move from one
place to another efficiently and cost effectively. Logistics and
supply chain management is a key part of the supply chain, working
to plan, control, and implement the storage and flow of products,
materials, information, or services. These key employees must
manage the transition swiftly and securely while ensuring adherence
to pre-set deadlines. A successful Logistics Manager will complete
every transition smoothly with no time delays, lost product, or
incidents that prevent the customer from receiving their
* Schedule customer sales orders to be shipped to customer
locations on time in the most economically cost-effective way,
maintaining accurate Load Board.
* Maximize truck capacities weight per trailer and ensure efficient
transportation of products.
* Utilize back hauls when necessary to minimize cost.
* Maintain truck and trailer tracking program.
* Coordinate truck and trailer repairs and PM's.
* Accept phone calls from truck drivers regarding their current
location, shipment status and respond to questions, document as
* Manage supervisory staff and departmental employees - training,
coaching, counseling, conducting/participating in departmental
and/or plant-wide meetings.
* Manage timecards for drivers and close out pay periods.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required, some college
* 3-5 years of experience within shipping/logistics
* 5+ years of management experience in aluminum or metals
* Good communication skills/management skills to provide the
necessary support to departmental employees for expected
* Familiarity with DOT laws and regulations as they apply to
logistics and transportation
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Must be able to lift/carry reports and materials up to 20
* Work for a stable aluminum manufacturer
* Full line of benefits offered
Resource Staffing is an affiliate of The Reserves Network, a
family-owned and veteran-founded company. Since 1989, we have been
bringing employers and job seekers together in a variety of
industries and positions throughout the great state of Texas.
As an equal opportunity employer, we value our employees and foster
an environment of respect, integrity, and trust in every aspect of
employment. However you identify and whatever your background, we
encourage you to apply today.
Keywords: Resource Staffing, Wylie , Logistics Manager, Executive , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!