Registered Nurse (RN) Psych
Company: Medical City Green Oaks Hospital
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
We are currently offering a SIGN ON BONUS OF $7,500 for eligible
candidates! Registered Nurse RN Behavioral Health Psychiatric
NurseShift: FT Days (Rotating Weekends)Medical City Green Oaks
Hospital Green Oaks Psychiatric Hospital currently has exciting
opportunities for Registered Nurses that have a heart and passion
for Behavioral medicine. We currently have opportunities for full
time RN positions for those who enjoy working with all patient
populations. The hospital has a Psychiatrist on campus 24 hours a
day for consultation regarding patients. The Physicians work very
closely with nursing staff for collaboration on patient care needs.
We are seeking experienced Nurses who have a heart and passion for
behavioral medicine. Our nurses have the ability to multi task and
have critical thinking skills, which allow them to take initiative
when needed. We seek nurses who have high energy that can work in a
fast paced environment providing compassionate care to our
patients. Green Oaks Hospital:Green Oaks Psychiatric hospital
celebrates more than 25 years of service, has over 106 beds, and 35
physicians on staff. As part of HCA, the nation s leading provider
of healthcare, you will have access to resources that can enhance
your career development and progression. Green Oaks Hospital is a
place where one person can make a difference.
- Psychiatric and chemical dependency hospital with more than 25
years of service
- The hospital provides services for adolescents, adults, and
- Provides Employee Assistance Programs, community education and
training as well as outreach services
- WorkReturns Program is a unique treatment program pioneered at
Green Oaks assisting patients transition back to work following
physical or psychological disabilityBenefits: We are proud to
offer:- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans- Paid Time Off-
Short Term & Long Term Disability- Tuition Reimbursement- 401K-
Student Loan Forgiveness- Employee Assistance Program- Employee
Recognition Programs- Discounted tickets at many local attractions-
Discounts to various retail stores and more . Description: The
Psychiatric RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse with the Board of Nurse
Examiners for the State of Texas.
- Current CPR and SAMA certification is required or to be
obtained during orientation.
- Experience or education with a focus on crisis stabilization,
age specific needs, and/or knowledge of chronic mental illness and
chemical dependency is preferred.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written format
- Must be flexible and service oriented. Associated topics: asn,
coronary, domiciliary, infusion, intensive care, intensive care
unit, nurse rn, recovery, staff nurse, transitional
Keywords: Medical City Green Oaks Hospital, Wylie , Registered Nurse (RN) Psych, Healthcare , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!