Greyhound Lines is seeking a
customer-oriented Ticket Agent to join
our downtown Dallas, TX team. If you
enjoy interacting with people, resolving issues with a friendly and
helpful approach and going above and beyond for your customers and
employees, then Greyhound is looking for you.
At Greyhound Lines, safety and customer service is at the heart
of everything we do. Our buses travel the length and breadth of the
US, providing timely and safe passenger service. In addition
to passenger travel, we also provide express package delivery
service (GPX), group charters and food services at select
As a people powered business, we’re passionate about recruiting,
developing and training world-class talent. To keep us ahead
of the competition, we also provide a challenging and rewarding
environment that encourages creativity, inspires growth and enables
everyone to achieve their full potential. So, join our
winning team and begin an exciting new journey with us.
Perks of working at Greyhound
Flexible work schedules, paid holiday, GPX (Greyhound Package
Express) discount, free travel, EAP, tuition reimbursement and
The Customer Service Associate will perform activities in
accordance with company standards to accomplish the Company
objective of being the lowest cost and best provider of ground
transportation. Quality being defined in terms of excellent
customer service, cash handling, safety, on-time performance, ease
of use, cleanliness of terminal and buses, and pleasant customer
- Provides schedule, routing, transfer and current fare
information to customers.
- Prepares accurate travel documents (tickets) either by computer
or handwritten. Reissues or re-routes tickets, if
- Accepts payment for ticket transaction. Provides accurate
change or charge document. Follow proper cash handling
- Presents ticket enclosed in envelope with gate number and
departure time affixed. Affix strap portion of baggage tag to
baggage. Staple customer’s baggage claim portion to ticket
- Determines that ID tags are attached to all baggage.
Ensure baggage meets transportation requirements. Charges for
excess baggage. Properly completes baggage check.
Encourages customers to carry-on small articles.
- Informs customer to take tagged baggage to coach side or uses
special handling tags as needed.
- Updates schedule monitors, information boards and/or uses PA
system to convey current information to customers.
- Completes End-of-Shift report ensuring all supporting documents
and deposit information are together. Prepares blue slips to
explain all discrepancies.
- Follows core standards with all customers.
- Directs customers to appropriate areas of the terminal to
obtain desired services and answer phones.
- Directs passengers to correct loading gates or areas for
departures and connections.
- Checks station area, baggage and express areas frequently for
stray and/or lost and found items and processes promptly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, the individual should have the
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to handle packages/bags weighing up to 100 lbs
- Good problem solving and decision-making ability
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Basic math skills
- Bilingual candidates preferred based on local business