Network Systems Engineer
Posted on: May 10, 2022
When you join VerizonVerizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing...The primary role will involve
racking and stacking equipment, provisioning the network transport
equipment and managing all aspects of data centers to include HVAC,
space and power planning and build management systemsYou will also
be responsible for purchasing and installation of equipment
cabinets, telco racks, CAT5, Coax, multi-pair copper and fiber
optic cables. You will troubleshoot and install services that
include layer one communications and transport services.
- Install and troubleshoot Local and LD services that include
Private Line, and Local/Long distance, Transport and Switched
- Use knowledge of Local/LD optical networks as well as Project
Management skills and knowledge of PM tools and technique.
- Perform hands-on testing of circuits and work with our
customers and other departments to complete the activation of new
layer one services and to resolve customer service issues.
- Plan and execute work independently and using your own
initiative and judgment to handle non-routine matters and
- Work in a fast-paced work environment using multiple test sets,
tools and information databases.
- Participate in or conduct periodic project status meetings and
joint working sessions with both internal and external teams and/or
- Work directly with Verizon customers and other Verizon
departments both internal and external to their own department in
order to complete the activation of new services and to resolve
customer service issues.
- Meet schedule commitments to ensure timely delivery.Where
you'll be working...In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite
at a defined location, Richardson, TX or Ashburn, VA.What we're
looking for...You will need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Central Office Engineering principles such as
space, power, and/or HVAC requirements for technical and
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a
condition of employment.
- Willingness to travel up to 25% or less.Even better if you
- Bachelor's degree in electronics or other related
- Project Management skills and knowledge of PM tools and
- Ability to plan and execute independent work.
- Exercise judgment in developing methods, techniques and
evaluation criteria for obtaining project results.
- Own initiative and judgment to handle non-routine matters and
- Self-motivated, have excellent oral and written communication
skills, and the ability to work autonomously and in a team
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to include Word,
Excel and Visio.
- Technical knowledge of Local/LD optical networks.
- In-depth working knowledge of Layer 1 SONET networks.
- Knowledge of layer one test equipment.
- In-depth working knowledge of Fujitsu and Ciena equipment.
- Experience in fault isolation, repair and resolution, and
documenting root cause analysis (RCA) for reported trouble
- Knowledge of ANSI and BICSI Standards.
- Knowledge of DWDM networks.Equal Employment OpportunityWe're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical or religious reasons).
Internal ID: 570902
Keywords: Verizon, Wylie , Network Systems Engineer, Other , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!