Utility Billing Clerk
Company: Government jobs
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Why work for the City of Wylie?
The reason we exist is to serve our residents and guests.By
combining our unique talents to ensure the preservation of the
small town feel of our area, we are committed to building and
sustaining a safe community where economic development and
neighborhood enrichment can flourish while creating an unparalleled
experience for all.
How we accomplish our mission:
Leveraging the diversity of our workforce to continually think and
do things differently, the City of Wylie invests in the development
of our employees by providing them with a working environment that
serves to enhance their personal happiness and elevate their
The City of Wylie's Utility Billing Division is seeking a customer
service minded individual to fill the role of Utility Billing
Clerk.The selected individual will provide excellent customer
service to Wylie's utility customers in person and over the
Supervision is provided by the Utility Manager. Essential Job
- Enters number and alpha data and utility payments into the
- Assists customers with new water service, payment of utility
bills, recycling and waste services and other needs as
- Performs tasks inherent to the central cashier function.
- Performs all functions necessary to complete assigned billing
- Meets customers at the counter and on the telephone with
courtesy, tact and respect.
- Works directly with Meter Services.
- Balances cash drawer and prepares daily bank deposits.
- Makes daily bank deposits.
- Meets all deadlines.
- Performs sorting, typing, filing, and word processing.
- Performs as a responsible steward of the public trust and
strives for excellence in public service, enhancing the quality of
life for all.
- Acts in a civil, respectful manner at all times to management,
co-workers and others.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned. Minimum Job
High School Diploma or equivalent. Six months or more of data entry
experience. (Class experience will be considered).Completion of
National Incident Management System (NIMS) training courses as
outlined by Emergency Management after hire. Physical
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED:
Low: Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or
negligible amounts constantly or requires walking or standing to a
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED:
PRIMARY WORK ENVIRONMENT: Indoors
SHIFT WORK: No
- Retirement benefits with Texas Municipal Retirement System.
Contributions by payroll deduction. Employee contributes at 7%
level. City matches 2-1. Mandatory.
- Deferred compensation - Nationwide and Edward Jones. The City
does not contribute. Employee contributions by pre and post-tax
payroll deduction. Optional.
- Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription insurance PPO plan. City pays
full premium for employee, approximately 50% of dependent
- Flexible Spending Account - allows for pre-tax deduction for
eligible medical expenses as well as dependent care expenses.
- Life insurance - 2x annual salary through New York Life. Fully
paid by City and 1x annual salary through TMRS.
- Long-Term Disability for all full-time City employees.
- Twelve paid holidays: New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day,
Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Veteran's Day,
Thanksgiving Day and Friday following, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
and one floating holiday.
- Vacation/Sick leave accrues each full pay period.
- Sick leave conversion to vacation leave (once per year in
- Bereavement leave, military leave, jury duty leave.
- Longevity pay.
- Workers' compensation benefits
- Tuition reimbursement - $2,000 per year.
- Direct Deposit - City of Wylie Payroll will deposit employee
paycheck to any bank accepting wire transfers.
- Family and Medical Leave Policy as described by federal
- Free Recreation Center employee membership.
- City pays every two weeks. (26 pay periods per year)
01The supplemental questions are a very important first step in our
screening process.Therefore, you are required to complete these
questions so that we may initially determine your eligibility for
this position.A lack of detail and explanation in the supplemental
questions and in your application may result in disqualification
for this position.This means you will be ineligible for ruther
consideration in this recruitment process.Please check "yes" to
confirm that you have read and understand this statement.
02Are you currently an employee at the City of Wylie? If you are
applying for a position within your current department, the
Internal Transfer Request IS NOT required.If you are applying for a
position within another department, you must submit a completed
Internal Transfer Request to Human Resources, prior to submitting
your application. Your application will not be forwarded to the
hiring manager until you have submitted the completed Internal
Transfer Request. (Employee Handbook, Section 23: Transfers,
Promotions & Interim Pay: "Current employees must submit an online
application or a resume as well as an Internal Transfer Request to
Human Resources for consideration.") Please request a link to the
Internal Transfer Request form from HR.
- Yes, I am currently an employee at the City of Wylie
- No, I am not currently an employee at the City of Wylie
03What is your highest level of education?
- No High School Diploma or equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Some College
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Juris Doctorate
04Do you have a valid Driver's License?
- Yes, I have a valid Driver's License.
- No, I do not have a valid Driver's License.
05Do you have cash handling experience?
06Do you have experience accepting credit cards for payment?
07Have you ever worked for a city/municipality?
08If yes, please list which city, dates of employment and
position.If no, please type N/A.
09Have you worked anywhere else other than the positions listed on
10If you have worked anywhere else other than the positions listed
on your application, please describe below.
11Please take this opportunity to review your responses to the
supplemental questions.Ensure that the qualifications stated above
can be cross-referenced with the qualifications in your
application.Your application may not be considered for further
review if you have failed to show details of where the minimum
qualifications are met. By agreeing to the statement below, you are
confirming that you understand this statement, have reviewed your
responses to the questions for accuracy and verify that your
responses accurately describe your current qualifications.
- I verify that all of my responses to the supplemental questions
are true and accurate.I accept that if my supporting documentation
and/or later steps in the selection process do no support one or
more of my responses to the supplemental questions that my
application may be disapproved and/or I may be removed from
* Required Question
Keywords: Government jobs, Wylie , Utility Billing Clerk, Other , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!