Pricing Decisioning Associate
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Pricing Decisioning Associate
Dallas, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
The Pricing Decision Associate is a senior role with more
experience and increased autonomy than the Pricing Decision
Analysts, and this role is responsible for analysis, sales and
pricing of a large portfolio of products. Key activities are to
lead consistent and reliable reporting and analysis to manage and
communicate trends, metrics, and indices needed to drive better
planning, pricing, and sales activities. A key part of this role is
to proactively review the reports to identify trends that are
inconsistent with existing plans so that appropriate action can be
taken. This would include price changes, forecasting changes, and
agent, customer and dealer level incentives/corrective actions.
- Researches, develops and implements competitive pricing
programs and/or banking products and services for various lines of
business to appropriately price based on risk, deposit, or credit
goals while maintaining profitability.
- Continuously monitors the market and competitor strategies to
ensure pricing is in line to provide consumers and/or clients a
fair price while maintaining market share and/or deposit
- Plans, directs and facilitates all phases of the pricing
strategy changes from inception through introduction into the
marketplace. Ensures products meet regulatory and industry
- Independently analyzes and reviews results of pricing and
promotional initiatives in terms of sales growth, margin and
- Utilizes data mining and statistical techniques to develop
analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed
- Acts as a thought leader in the team
- Develops a thorough understanding of the firm's operations and
- Applies statistical techniques to perform root cause analysis,
analyze trends, and uncover risks and opportunities relative to
portfolio management and originations.
- Produces monthly profitability reporting on originations and
proactively monitors pricing and profit key performance
- Works across the organization to help develop initiatives,
solidly based on data results, to drive improved business
- Evaluates Pricing/Rebate structure for key customers and
significant industry/peer groups identifying opportunities to
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Master's or Ph.D. in a quantitative field (engineering, economics,
statistics, math, physics, etc.) preferred.
- Experience: 5+ years of analytics and quantitative problem
- Attention to detail, excellent organization, ability to
prioritize work load and meet deadlines
- Superior quantitative problem solving skills and customer
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Rigorous focus on results
- Focused on customer experience
- Patient, willing to learn new skills and build industry
- Strong intellectual curiosity and affinity for numbers
- Analytical and organized with relentless attention to
- Demonstrated ability to implement procedures and
- Proficiency with two or more of SQL, SAS, Python, and R
- Overall proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and
strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively
encourage everyone to apply.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
This job description does not list all of the job duties of the
job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform
other duties. You may be evaluated in part based upon your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The
employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
This job description is not a contract for employment and either
you or the employer may terminate at any time for any reason.
Bachelor of Science (BS) English
Primary Location: Dallas, Texas, United States of America
Other Locations: Texas-Dallas
Organization: Santander Consumer USA Inc.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Wylie , Pricing Decisioning Associate, Other , Wylie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!