Sr Scientist, Project Engineering-RC135 Avionics Chief Engineer
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description: Job Title: Sr Scientist, Project Engineering-RC135
Avionics Chief Engineer
Job Code: IMS20230905-100588
Job Location: Greenville, TX (relocation can be provided) this is
an onsite role, not hybrid
Schedule: 9/80-with every other Friday off
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of engineers in the development
and sustainment of major flight deck avionics modifications for
legacy military aircraft, including modifications that are
reportable to the United States Air Force (USAF) Technical
Airworthiness Authority (TAA).
- Provide hands-on contributions where necessary, including but
not limited to systems engineering, test, and simulation support,
to ensure achievement of program and project goals.
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact with customers,
ensuring that all customer requirements are properly represented in
the program technical baseline.
- Develop and lead program technical reviews involving senior
customer representatives, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and
- Coordinate with program management and the program scheduler to
provide technical expertise in developing and maintaining
integrated master schedules (IMS) and performance management
- Coordinate with CAMs to ensure all program scope is properly
broken down into work packages and to ensure correct and complete
monthly reporting of work package progress.
- Act as the integrated project team (IPT) technical lead,
hosting regular meetings with lead engineers to ensure all are
tracking to program objectives.
- Oversee the roadmap and development of critical simulation and
test tools, including the Advanced Simulation, Control, and
Interface (ASCI) product, to ensure all tools are aligned with
current frameworks and technologies in support of program test and
- Advocate for the expansion of automated test tools to other
domains within L3Harris outside of avionics.
- Provide program technical briefings to local and sector
management as requested.
- Provide support and coordination across RCG program areas
outside of avionics to ensure all avionics upgrades are harmonized
with other aircraft modifications.
- Serve as mentor to team members to promote knowledge pass down
and support building and maintaining highly effective
- Recognize deserving team members for accomplishments that go
above and beyond their expected job duties in a timely manner via
the RISE program or other means approved by management.
- Ability to obtain an FAA Class 3 medical certificate and
successfully complete all required training to directly participate
in on-aircraft flight testing.
- Must have a TS/SCI security clearance
- Requires both advanced business knowledge and highest level of
technical mastery in functional area. Leadership capability to
guide business or functional teams without formal management role.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 15 years of prior related
experience. Graduate Degree with a minimum of 13 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 19 years of
prior related experience.
- At least 7 years of experience leading and coordinating across
a large multidisciplined team of systems, aeronautical, electrical,
mechanical, safety, human factors, and test engineers.
- Ability to read structural, mechanical, and electrical aircraft
drawings and act as final approval authority prior to drawing
- Experience tailoring MIL-HDBK-516C criteria for major avionics
modifications, gaining USAF TAA certification basis acceptance of
the tailored criteria, and executing the technical aspects of a
program to show compliance to the certification basis.
- Experience as the technical lead of a USAF TAA reportable
modification that successfully gained Military Type Certification
(MTC) with no higher than a medium risk assessment.
- Expert knowledge of ARINC 429, ARINC 708, MIL-STD-1553B,
DO-160, MIL-STD-461, DO-178, DO-254, MIL-HDBK-516C, Avionics
Discretes, and computer networks.
- Working knowledge of system safety assessments in accordance
with ARP4754 and ARP4761.
- Expert knowledge of the following types of avionics systems at
minimum: Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS), Automatic
Flight Guidance System (AFGS), Flight Management System (FMS),
Terrain Awareness & Warning System (TAWS), Embedded GPS/INS (EGI),
Air Data Computer (ADC), navigational radio, and radar systems.
Experience with USAF TAA reportable mod leading to MTC
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Working knowledge of Rivet Glass flight deck
- Experience with the following applications and tools: DOORS,
Teamcenter, NI TestStand, NI Requirements Gateway, X-Plane, MS
Visual Studio 2002-2022, Git, Subversion, MS Office, MS Project, MS
Visio, MATLAB, Empower.
- At least 10 years of experience developing simulations of
avionics systems for both integration/testing and training
- Prior use of National Instruments TestStand to support
automation of system-level and product-level testing.
- Experience developing primary flight display graphical formats
and software logic using VAPS, C, and Ada within a VxWorks
- Experience in the development, integration, and test of flight
guidance system software that was successfully released to
production, including direct support of flight testing and full
data reduction and analysis.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Wylie , Sr Scientist, Project Engineering-RC135 Avionics Chief Engineer, Other , Commerce, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!