Scientist, Systems Engineering - ELINT Ground Processing Liaison
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Scientist, Systems Engineering Liaison -
ELINT Ground Processing
Job Code: IMS20230509-105684
Job Location: Greenville, Texas (Responsibilities must be performed
Job Schedule: 9/80 Work Schedule - (Every other Friday is a
The Scientist - ELINT Ground Processing Liaison will be responsible
for architecture design for our Ground ELINT Processing systems.
They will maintain complex ELINT databases used for signal
identification. They will lease among multiple groups within
L3HARRIS, 645th AESS, 55th Wing, and 55th ISS in the development of
new ground processing system capabilities to support our Big Safari
ISR mission systems.
- Provide bid and proposal support for operation of the ELINT
Data Reduction Facility and for new equipment and capabilities for
the Ground ELINT Processing System (GEPS) Standalone
- Serve as System Architect for our Ground ELINT Processing
architecture, maintaining commonality where possible between Ground
Data Processing System (GDPS) GEPS and GEPS-Standalone
- Works closely with Program Management, Project Engineering,
Material Program Management, 55th ISS and the 645th AESS Customer
regarding ground ELINT system hardware selection, purchasing,
delivery, coordination, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of Ground ELINT Processing System
(GEPS) documentation and relational data flow / processing
- Assist Agile Development Engineering (ADE) with maintenance of
various GEPS scripts and tools.
- Creation and maintenance of the ELINT Notation File (ENF),
Parametric Electronic Order of Battle (PEOB), Weapon Systems
Database (WSDB) and the Corvus Receiver Control System (RCS)
Database, in tandem with the Offutt AFB ELINT team.
- Help to design and test interaction between new ELINT mission
system capabilities and our associated ELINT databases. Modify
databases in order to support the new capabilities, as
- Liaise between 55th Wing crews, 55 ISS, 645 AESS, and L3Harris
Engineers to determine mission system issues and assist in
development of fixes.
- Liaise and coordinate between Special Systems and ELINT
disciplines at 55 ISS, 645 AESS, and L3HARRIS to support
development and deployment of a common signals analysis software
- Assist other Systems Engineers and Agile Development
Engineering (ADE) with system requirements, integration testing,
and deployment / troubleshooting of Ground ELINT Processing
capabilities, as well as with new capabilities for the airborne
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for ELINT Ground Systems
across multiple platforms, to include RJ, CS, CB, and PG when
- Assist with field system deployments of Ground ELINT Processing
capability, when needed.
- Strategic planning, finding ways to make our mission system
ELINT data more available within the Intelligence Community
- Must be able to work occasional weekend or overtime hours, as
Job Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 12 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 10 years of prior
related experience. Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or
Mathematics (STEM) strongly preferred. In lieu of a degree, minimum
of 16 years of prior related experience.
- 10 years Operational experience with Tasking, Processing,
Exploitation and Dissemination of ELINT data from an ISR
- A detailed knowledge of ELINT collection and ground processing
- Extensive experience with ELINT databases such as EPL, CED,
EWIR, MIDB, etc.
- Experience with ELINT analysis tools such as RCBET (and other
geolocation toolsets), Willow/MARTES, ASPEN, and other pulse-level
- Position requires an active DoD Top Secret (SCI) with CI
Polygraph Security Clearance with the ability to maintain, which
requires U.S. Citizenship. Additionally, must be able to obtain and
maintain a Security+ certification.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Wylie , Scientist, Systems Engineering - ELINT Ground Processing Liaison, Other , Campbell, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!