Industrial Electrician II
Company: North Texas Municipal Water District
Posted on: May 25, 2023
1. Inspects, repairs and maintains electrical systems and equipment. Will be required to locate and evaluate electrical malfunctions.
2. Program and setup metering, monitoring, and control devices in accordance with coordination studies.
3. Performs required maintenance according to manufacturer's specifications.
4. Performs programming diagnostics of electronic protection metering and controls.
5. Maintains calibration and repair schedules for electrical test equipment.
6. Required to work nights, weekends, and holidays when called upon.
7. Perform preventative maintenance work on motor control centers.
8. Assists Central Maintenance Manager on electrical transmission and substation outages.
9. Assures proper safety precautions and practices are followed.
10. Assists with the training of new personnel.
11. Maintain record of all programs related to switchgear and motor starter controllers and devices.
12. Must maintain a working laptop computer and keep records and programs up to date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Must be knowledgeable of electrical theory and practices.
2. Must be knowledgeable of safety pertaining to electrical distribution systems and equipment.
3. Must have the ability to operate a computer in the field and read schematic and one-line drawings.
4. Basic knowledge of Wylie Water Plant substations and electrical transmission system.
5. Basic computer and programming skills to maintain and program metering and monitoring equipment such as SEL, Multilin, Eaton, Allen-Bradley Etc.
6. Working knowledge of NTMWD asset management system.
7. Must be able to communicate in person by phone or electronically.
Education and Experience:
1. Five years' experience as an electrician.
2. Requires a valid Texas Driver's License.
3. Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
4. Must be able to obtain NFPA 70 E certification.
Environmental Factors, Activity Levels and Equipment
Heavy physical exertion with lifting requirements from 10 to 70 pounds daily. Work also requires pushing, pulling, climbing ladders and working at heights and in confined spaces. Working conditions include exposure to weather, odor, chemical hazards, gases and dust. Equipment utilized includes electrical and testing equipment.
Keywords: North Texas Municipal Water District, Wylie , Industrial Electrician II, Professions , Wylie, Texas
here to apply!