Aircraft Mechanic, Aviation Electrician- Up to $10,000 Signing Bonus
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Description: Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic, Aviation
Job Number: IMS
Job Location: Greenville, TX
Schedule: Must be available to work any shift
$2,500 Hire Bonus
$2,500 Security Clearance Bonus
$2,500 Airframe License Bonus
$2,500 Powerplant License Bonus
Requires sufficient working knowledge and understanding in the
repair and maintenance of airframes, hydraulics, fuel systems,
electrical systems, or aircraft engines.
- Possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good
judgment are essential traits. Mechanics may be cross trained to
develop expertise in specific disciplines, including: Aircraft
Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems; Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic
Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel Cell Maintenance; Structural
Repair/Modification; Upholstery/Interior Finish.
Mechanics work under general oversight and guidance in disassembly,
assembling, checking, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting,
installing, servicing, fabricating and other operations required to
maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components
while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or
May include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret Security
Clearance, which requires US Citizenship.
- Perform flightline operations, hangar maintenance, modification
or repairs on a variety of aircraft.
- Perform general inspections, corrosion control procedures,
troubleshooting and fault isolation procedures on aircraft
- Perform various testing of Aircraft Systems as required such
as: pitot-static, oxygen, fuel quantity under supervision and with
- Fabricate and obtain parts, within approved procedures.
- Operate and utilize necessary ground support equipment,
including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable
lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment as
- Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or
information using computer systems or other electronic data
- Remove, install and rig externally mounted components utilizing
boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support equipment.
- Perform other incidental work as assigned that may be performed
safely using tools that are commonly available including assembly
of minor scaffolding in production areas.
- Responsible for clean work areas, tools, and equipment in order
to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Required to work in small spaces inside aircraft, on top
aircraft with harness, climb and stand on ladder/mobile stands to
work over head, in close proximity with other individuals. TOOLS,
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT:
- Employees in this classification may work with and use all
tools, materials, machines, instruments, and equipment necessary to
perform their duties.
- Management may determine that specific training or
certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools,
equipment, or assignments.
- D oes not require you to have your own tools. L3Harris will
provide the tools. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- At least one year Aviation Electrician experience with an FAA
Airframe certificate or A&P Certificate
- Experience routing/installing, terminating and repairing
aircraft electrical wiring, including cutting, stripping wire and
terminating various types of electrical connections.
- Able to meet the physical demands of this position to include
by not limited to: lifting 50+ pounds, prolong standing, repetitive
movements, using hand tools, climbing ladders, working in confined
spaces, and no fear of heights.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate in
- This position requires the ability to work any shift and
overtime as needed. PREFERRED:
- Active Secret Security Clearance or higher clearance
- Troubleshooting electrical components, running tests on
equipment to locate issues and installing needed replacement
- Basic knowledge of reading schematics for electrical
prints/drawings preferably aircraft.
- Ability to work with computers.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Wylie , Aircraft Mechanic, Aviation Electrician- Up to $10,000 Signing Bonus, Professions , Commerce, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!